LK Balanced Fund - Overview
The LK Balanced Fund believes that a traditional fundamentals focused approach serves the best interest of our shareholders. We don't look for the "hot stocks" and we strive to avoid fads and trends. We believe in long-term investments, with a minimum 3-5 year outlook.
By holding a mix of stocks and bonds, the LK Balanced Fund takes what can be difficult asset allocation decisions from investors and places them in the hands of experienced investment professionals. Our investment management team of portfolio managers, each with more than 25 years investment experience, has practiced a disciplined and potentially repeatable investment process throughout the firm's history.
The investment process has been fine-tuned by the adviser for nearly 30 years and boils down to four concrete steps. Starting with a large pool of potential companies, we...
- Identify - Using a variety of methods, our portfolio managers seek out and identify distinct companies that we believe possess competitive advantages, are underfollowed, undervalued and underappreciated.
- Analyze - We study each individual company in depth, and subject them to traditional valuation metrics. We're concerned with such measures as balance sheet strength, earnings and sales growth, returns on investment, free cash flow, and how such fundamental factors relate to the current valuation of the security.
- Confirm - Through a collaborative effort among the investment team members, we accept/reject investment ideas after all concerns have been addressed.
- Implement - Once our research is complete, we select 25-35 for the portfolio that appear to offer the best potential return for the risk being taken.
Return on investment is a performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments.
Free cash flow (FCF) is a measure of how much cash a business generates after accounting for capital expenditures such as buildings or equipment. This cash can be used for expansion, dividends, reducing debt, or other purposes.
About Our Fund
- Objective - The Fund seeks to achieve long-term capital appreciation and current income.
- Target Allocation - The Fund typically invests 40% to 75% of its assets in equity securities selected primarily for their growth, and 25% to 60% of its assets in equity and fixed income securities selected primarily for their income potential.
- Multi-Cap Sector Diversified - The portfolio is broadly diversified across sectors. Specific investment selections are driven more by decisions about what our research identifies as a strong company. We're not constrained by sector or market cap, although the portfolio is monitored to ensure broad diversification across all sectors.
|FUND FACTS as of 6/30/22|
|Total Net Assets (mil):||$27.8|
|Minimum IRA Investment:||$5,000|
|Gross Expense Ratio:||1.50%|
|Net Expense Ratio:1||1.01%|